Location: Danvers, MA
Job ID: 154049-1A
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2019
Lahey Health Behavioral Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Assists in the process of obtaining, recording, and reporting accurate information about client insurance, services, billing, and payments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Accurately enter client data into billing software.
2. Enters and/or forwards client data change information on agreed schedule.
3. Responds to clinician’s questions, telephone calls and/or visits in a timely, professional and respectful manner.
4. Investigates pending claims due to lack of or incorrect information.
5. Participates in clinical staff training related to billing protocols.
6. Run AR reports on established schedule; update essential report queries and verify accuracy of report prior to dissemination.
7. Set work flow priorities, in order to meet established deadlines and communicate status of work flow with supervisor.
8. Attend department and organization staff meetings as directed.
9. Additional related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of third party billing/reimbursement preferred.
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and relate to staff in a professional and patient manner. Ability to demonstrate openness and flexibility to adapt to unplanned situations. Able to work cooperatively and in a fashion that promotes team building.
Computer literate in standard desktop applications such as Windows, Word, and Excel.
Full time, 40 hours per week
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.