Location: Haverhill MA, MA
Job ID: 153620-1A
Date Posted: Mar 1, 2019
About the Job
The Youth Group Leader plans and facilitates groups of children or teens, ages 5-9 that focus on social and emotional skill building, community integration, and educational and vocational preparation.
1. Provide Therapeutic Mentoring or group interventions to youth and families within the community.
2. Support, coach and train the youth in age-appropriate behaviors.
3. Collaborate, as appropriate, with other providers and natural supports of families served.
4. Complete timely and accurate documentation to reflect services provided.
5. Staff person can only bill for services rendered and those that are billable according to the specifications.
6. Person carries a caseload as assigned.
7. Communicate with Managed Care Entities to ensure authorization for services provided.
8. Meet productivity standard for hours worked (Not applicable for Fee-For-Service staff).
9. Meet standards as established by Performance Specifications.
10. Build and adjust schedule as necessary to meet the needs of persons served. Afternoon/evening hours are required.
11. Attend agency required trainings.
12. Uphold values and mission of Individual and Family Flexible Support Services (IFFSS).
13. Other related duties as assigned.
A qualified candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a human services field form an accredited university/college and 6 months experience working with children/adolescents/transition aged youth/families; or Associates Degree in a human services field from an accredited school and 1 year of experience working with the target population; or High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of 2 years of experience working with children/adolescents/transition aged youth.
Must be a team player and have good communication and organizational skills.
A working knowledge of computers and ability to complete documentation electronically is required. In addition the ability to complete written documentation timely and effectively.
20 hours per week
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.