Location: Tewksbury, MA
Job ID: 150788-1A
Date Posted: Mar 1, 2019
Lahey Health Behavioral Services is a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
The Cook is responsible for preparing and cooking a wide variety of food for clients, employees and visitors. He/she prepares food according to recipes and plans cooking schedules to meet mealtime schedules.
1. Plans and/or follows a weekly menu consisting of well-balanced nutritious meals that meet USDA requirements ensuring proper taste and temperature.
2. Prepares appetizing, healthy, well balanced meals and snacks; meeting all meal schedules.
3. Transports food from Transitions to TTC ensuring quality and
4. Inspects all food for quality and quantity prior to serving.
5. Prepares meals for special events and Holidays.
6. Takes necessary measures to avoid food waste.
7. Responsible for set up and clean-up of food production; adheres to kitchen cleanliness and sanitary guidelines as directed by the local board of health.
8. Responsible for opening and closing kitchen and ensuring the food is properly stored.
9. In collaboration with the Program Director, orders and maintains supplies.
10. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with food suppliers.
11. Meets with direct supervisor for regular supervision meetings and comes prepared to meeting.
12. Oversees appropriate food service follow through by program staff during after-hours and weekends; including refrigerator temperature logs, snack counts, etc.
13. Participates in required training's related to the organization and program as well as changing food service regulations.
14. Other related duties as assigned.
Lahey Health Behavioral Services assist patients and families in communities in Greater Boston, the North Shore and the Merrimack Valley. We have assembled a dedicated and compassionate team of colleagues with expertise in multiple issues, including depression, anxiety, trauma, addiction and children’s behavioral health disorders.
Lahey Health sees Behavioral Health as integral to the care of individuals as well as to the health of populations at large. We are dedicated to providing the very best care comprehensive care to our community of patients and their loved ones. It is vitally important to our organization to have achieved top-of-class scores in patient satisfaction surveys.
Join our team in pursuit of compassionate, exceptional care by applying today!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
High School diploma or GED with a minimum of three years relevant work experience. Must have documented evidence of training in such related areas as nutrition/menu planning in an institutional setting. Provision of any health documentation which might be required by regulatory agencies (Serve Safe certification, Allergy Awareness certification etc.)
Valid driver’s license in good standing is preferred but not required.
Must demonstrate ability to relate to a substance abuse treatment population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting and must share a customer service orientation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.